Last week, I spoke about planning your multicultural wedding. One of my tips was selecting the right wedding location, so let's discuss that a bit further. Cultural weddings will usually have a large guest count, and that number will be most important when it comes to planning and budgeting on your wedding day. Wedding invitations set the tone for the type of wedding that a couple will have (formal, casual, etc). With this in mind, the wedding location can also dictate the theme and style of the day.
North Carolina has some of the most beautiful wedding venues Here are my top 5 locations that can accommodate your guest count and your cultural wedding!
My Top Wedding Venues in North Carolina
5. The Umstead Hotel- Built around Art and Nature, the Umstead Hotel is sure to inspire. The Umstead accommodates 200 guests in their magnificent ballroom, and is a Forbes Five-Star and AAA recognized hotel.
4. The Millennium Center- Right in the heart of downtown Winston-Salem, this building was once a courthouse and post office in the late 1800's. Today, it is one of the best places to hold your wedding and reception. The space can hold up to 1000 guests.
3. The Grandover Resort- With well manicured lawns, a world class golf course, and luxurious ammenities, the Grandover Resort is a premiere location for large weddings and events. The Grandover can accommodate up to 600 guests.
2. The Ballantyne Hotel- For picturesque views, impeccable service, and the most elegant event space, the Ballantyne hotel is truly stunning. The Ballantyne hotel is a Four-Star and AAA Four Diamond recognized hotel. The hotel can accommodate 500 guests.
1. The Biltmore Estate- My number one selection, and the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, it is the perfect destination for weddings. With multiple venues on the property to choose from, the Biltmore House and Gardens is the most popular, and can accommodate up to 500 guests.